McCormick Taylor is looking for exceptional candidates for the position of Traffic Engineer for our Harrisburg, PA office.
The primary duties of the Traffic Engineer include working as part of a traffic team on a variety of traffic analysis and design needs for a variety of transportation projects. An understanding of project components and environmental clearance procedures required. Projects are likely to range from concept development and preliminary engineering studies to final design projects. The position will entail traffic engineering design, traffic signal design, traffic impact analysis, capacity analysis, operational analysis, traffic simulation modeling, and crash /safety studies.
• BS degree in Civil Engineering (with Traffic Engineering electives preferred), from an accredited institution
• An Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification is required
• PE preferred
• 5+ years of experience or equivalent working knowledge/experience in the field of traffic engineering
• Experience and knowledge of PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike guidelines and requirements is preferred
• Hands-on experience with common traffic engineering software including Synchro, HCS, Microstation
• Ability to work on multiple assignments and be accountable for project/task schedules and budgets
• Strong communication and technical writing skills