McCormick Taylor is seeking an Environmental Monitor to join our growing Energy/Utilities group. The ideal candidate will thrive in a collaborative team environment. This position will heavily consist of field work, as well as some time spent out of our Silver Spring office (preferred, but we are open to other office locations in MD for the right fit). Previous experience collaborating with team members virtually is preferred.
The position will include conducting environmental compliance inspections on active construction projects occurring largely in the Maryland area. The primary work will be in the Washington DC metro area, with projects in Prince George's and Southern Maryland. The position will also include development and review of permit applications as well as other natural resource related field work for linear projects; both Transportation and Energy.
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Natural Resources or a related field
• 2-5 years of professional experience
• Detailed knowledge of Erosion and Sediment Control Practices
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to successfully multi-task